Our client is a global leader in the manufacture of paints and coatings. They require an experienced industrial coatings chemist to join their team at a manufacturing and lab facility in northwest Illinois.
- Perform experiments to develop, reformulate and improve industrial coatings products.
- Solve product or manufacturing process related technical problems.
- Demonstrate significant mastery in the use of chemical raw materials, instruments and substrates related to liquid industrial coatings.
- Lead projects of varying complexity with little to no supervision.
- Be accountable for timely and accurate technical solutions.
- Mentor lesser experienced chemists.
- Develop expertise in at least one area of technology.
- Overnight travel to customer sites on occasion.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or related discipline with at least two semesters each of both general and organic chemistry.
- 3 years of industrial coatings laboratory experience.
- Experience in 1K and 2K Solvent and Water based coatings formulation for industrial applications highly desirable.
- Experience with aerosol formulations highly desirable.
- Design of Experiment and Design for Six Sigma experience is preferable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project organization experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel as much as 30% of the time.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Future visa sponsorship is not available.