Chemical Process Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Total Compensation: $110-140k (based on experience/qualifications)
This opportunity is with a medium sized specialty chemical manufacturer located outside of San Francisco. The plant is PSM regulated, DCS controlled, with a very high standard of safety and overall housekeeping. Millions have been invested in the plant and more upgrades are planned into the future. The facility uses continuous operations to make products that go into the refining industry. The company is doing financially well and will continue to have steady business moving forward. Your main focus will be overseeing production and quality of the product. 60% of the role will be geared towards projects and process improvements, while the other 40% is day-to-day support. This will allow you to take ownership of your work and be able to wear multiple hats strengthening your skillset on all ends of engineering. You’ll be reporting to the Operations Manager, with support from the Plant Manager, a Senior Engineer, and a Maintenance Manager. There’s a 10% bonus and on top of that a $15k cost-of-living allowance.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years of process or production experience in manufacturing
- Background out of chemical manufacturing, pulp & paper, or closely related
- Previous experience with PSM, capital projects, design, SAP are a plus