This position is open as a reflection of the continued growth of this late-stage start-up company. They are entering the ‘home stretch’ of their development and this role will be focused in downstream processing. That part of the process involves a lot of extraction (solvent), separation, microfiltration, and centrifugation technology. The technology itself is, more or less, developed, the stage they are at now is process optimization. This group focuses on testing optimization ideas in a lab setting and then scaling up things that work to pilot-scale. A project is currently underway to build a first-of-its-kind full-scale manufacturing plant that will take this existing technology and scale it up significantly, to commercial scale.
This is an opportunity to be part of a company that is bringing a whole new product to market. I can speak directly to the level of the talent that they have here because I’ve placed 4-5 of the engineers on this team. They have very bright people who are driven and the company culture here is a close-knit group of engineers and scientists who are striving together.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering REQUIRED
- 3+ years of post-college, industry experience
- Must have experience in manufacturing environments, preferably polymers or chemicals or something related
- Must have previous experience either in a lab setting or a pilot plant setting, scaling products up from lab to pilot or from pilot to full-scale
- Valuable unit operations experience is with: extraction (solvent), liquid/solid separation, microfiltration, centrifugation, reaction chemistry, etc
- Looking for someone who is naturally curious and creative
- Previous experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) would be a big plus