Come join a global food ingredients / specialty chemicals company in the South, about 45 minutes from Mobile, AL. This plant has a great culture, a “family” feel to it. Very little red tape to getting things accomplished. Be one of 6 Process Plant Engineers at this site of about 115 people.
- Conducts and/or participates in engineering projects.
- Monitors day-to day production results.
- Translates process to flow sheet representation.
- Designs and specifies operation of plant processes.
- Assists in preparing proposals. Develops findings, draws conclusions and makes recommendations. Prepares engineering reports, cost estimates and process transmittals.
- Contributes to the design of moderately complex engineering projects or handles parts of a major project.
- Contributes ideas for safer, less expensive or new techniques whether or not situation is related to a specific project.
- Is responsible for meeting engineering assignments within time and budget constraints.
- Works with other engineers and production personnel at other plants, as well as their home location. Contacts or visits other manufacturing facilities as necessary. Has contact with Sales, Marketing and Accounting, administrative functions and suppliers and professional organizations.
- Work on a wider range of troubleshooting problems; use basic knowledge of the process and creative thinking to solve problems and recommend corrective action.
- Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering or related engineering field.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of basic chemical unit operations and PSM systems.
To be considered for employment you must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer and you will not require employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.