Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Lead employees in Gas Chromatograph (GC) and Chemical labs (Chem Lab). Coordinate/Oversee testing of samples in GC, Chem, and Instrument labs for performing required EPA wet chemistry analysis, oil analysis, as well as GC and other micro analysis of hydrocarbon and gas samples. Find solutions to technical problems associated with lab equipment/testing. Train and direct contract employees as necessary. Provide analytical support to refinery personnel. Perform safety meetings/training. Track and report Laboratory EPA QA/QC.
- Manage laboratory test schedule, lead employees, and oversee Laboratory testing in Gas Chromatograph (GC) and Chemical Lab (Chem Lab). Coordinate and oversee testing associated with EPA regulated effluent tests, Refinery LPG/Gas, and intermediate streams. Train, certify, and periodically audit testers on existing and new test methods and lab safety procedures. Assist refinery personnel with troubleshooting operability issues. This includes development of non-traditional testing methods for identifying unknown substances
- Set example for Laboratory Safety Awareness. Participate and support all Laboratory Employee Safety Programs and conduct periodic department safety meetings
- Ensure test methods employed are executed per method specifications to provide accurate and repeatable results. Develop and keep analytical testing and safety procedures current
- Manage timely execution of test schedule each shift via the laboratory information management system (LIMS). Work with IT to install upgrades and resolve downtime related problems
- Maintain and calibrate analytical equipment in GC/Chem Labs for consistent and reliable operation. Perform or coordinate repair and maintenance of analytical equipment. Ensure standards, reagents are up to date and maintain adequate replacement inventory off all consumables, instrument parts, applicable supplies, and reagents
- Facilitate continuous education and improvement of technicians, chemists
- Identify and justify equipment purchases. Review and make recommendations as to best way to allocate monies and resources
- Bachelors degree in related field and 5 years of experience required.
- MS Word and Excel
- Refinery lab testing (gasoline, diesel, petrochemicals, wastewater)
- Using, maintaining, troubleshooting complex analytical equipment
- Specialized training for GC, GC/MS, ICP, VUV, Octane
- LIMS administration
- Supervisory experience