Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) –
Location: Whitestone, NY (5 miles east of Laguardia airport, 7 miles north of Queens, NY)
- Work in collaboration with the OT to establish a rehabilitation plan.
- Follow guidance of OTR/L in selecting therapy activities to fit Residents’ needs and capabilities.
- Assist Residents in carrying out daily activities.
- Monitor Residents’ performance in therapy activities, providing encouragement.
- Teach Residents how to use special equipment to assist with daily function.
- Supervise Residents’ activities to ensure they are done properly.
- Report the Resident’s progress to the OTR/L.
- Responsibly and accurately document treatments and outcomes in rehab software.
- Graduate of an accredited OTA Program.
- Current New York State OTA License.
- Experience in long-term care setting a plus.
About the area: Whitestone NY is 5 miles east of Laguardia airport and 7 miles north of Queens, NY. Queens is a New York City borough on Long Island across the East River from Manhattan. Flushing Meadows Corona Park, with the Unisphere, a 12-story 1964 World’s Fair globe sculpture, hosts the annual U.S. Open tennis tournament. The park’s Queens Museum is known for the “Panorama,” a building-for-building model of New York City. Nearby is the stadium of pro baseball team, the Mets.