Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant – COTA
Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility. Schedule includes rotating weekdays; some weekends and holidays may be required.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA) assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing occupational therapy treatments developed and recommended by a registered Occupational Therapist. New York State certification required.
1. Assists the Director Occupational Therapy in planning, developing and carrying out treatment programs and procedures for residents.
2. Helps create group therapy programs which are mentally and physically stimulating to residents; prepares and presents individual and group projects appropriate for the confused, blind, deaf and physically handicapped resident.
3. Writes observations of resident’s behavior and progress in Progress Notes.
4. Maintains attendance records and other departmental reports; enters treatment record in Medical Record Chart.
5. Assists Director Occupational Therapy in the training and supervision of Occupational Therapy Aides and students assigned to the facility for clinical experience.
6. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan review meetings.
7. Assists with departmental in-service programs upon request.
8. Completes MDS+ assessment form as required.
9. Inventories supplies; assists with keeping area in good order and daily sanitation of equipment.
10. Attends in-service training programs, and departmental meetings as required.
11. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by Director Occupational Therapy.
13. Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
14. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
New York State Department of Education Certification and license to practice as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) in New York State required.
Ability to relate well to residents and enjoy working with the elderly people necessary.
Tact and diplomacy; ability to develop good relationships with residents, staff and students required.
Ability to inspire and motivate others and create a warm and accepting climate for residents necessary.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, ability to work well with others required.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Ability to supervise departmental staff effectively and ensure that high standards of care are maintained.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, and Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual.
ABOUT THE AREA: Your destination for year-round fun in the Adirondacks region of New York State. North Creek is an Alpine Village with beautiful scenery and entertainment that will keep you jam-packed with a lot of action and special events such as tubing, cross country, downhill skiing, ice climbing, shopping, dining, hiking, camping, biking and more. It has one of the top family friendly alpine skiing centers in the Northeast (Gore Mountain). It is 4 hours to Rochester, New York, 4 hours to New York City,
5 hours to Niagara Falls, 3 hours to Watertown and 4 hours to Kingston, Canada.