Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) –
Location: Chittenango, NY (16 Miles East of Syracuse NY)
- Work in collaboration with the OT to establish a rehabilitation plan.
- Follow guidance of OTR/L in selecting therapy activities to fit Residents’ needs and capabilities.
- Assist Residents in carrying out daily activities.
- Monitor Residents’ performance in therapy activities, providing encouragement.
- Teach Residents how to use special equipment to assist with daily function.
- Supervise Residents’ activities to ensure they are done properly.
- Report the Resident’s progress to the OTR/L.
- Responsibly and accurately document treatments and outcomes in rehab software.
- Graduate of an accredited OTA Program.
- Current New York State OTA License.
- Experience in long-term care setting a plus.
About the area: Sixteen miles east of Syracuse, NY., Chittenango is a village located in Madison County, New York. The village is in the southern part of the Town of Sullivan. Chittenango is the birthplace of L. Frank Baum, author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. There’s plenty of family fun on a farm, a snapshot of the past at a museum, a stroll through the great outdoors or shopping at unique boutiques, in New York’s Heartland you’ll find plenty to see and do. Explore the Yellow Brick Road Casino, Wild Animal Park or Erie Canal-way Trail.