We are searching for a principal level cell culture process development engineer or scientist with upstream cell culture process development experience. This person will develop and establish bioprocess design and variable space, scaling up the processes to large scale bioreactors to meet production goals.
Our client is a venture backed Series A startup with decades of experience in cell biology, tissue engineering, and bioreactor design.
Requirements for the Principal Cell Culture Scientist:
- BS, MS, PhD in Chemical Engineering or biological science. Advance degrees and industry experience greatly preferred.
- 3+ years industry experience in design development and operation of fed-batch and perfusion processes
- Experience with serum-free media development and optimization
- Tech transfer experience preferred
- Experience with metabolic flux analysis a plus
- Experience with scale-down model development, predictive modeling and model validation a plus.
- Experience in continuous process development
Responsibilities of the Principal Cell Culture Scientist:
- Develop a robust, efficient, large-scale cell culture platform
- Develop experimental designs and establish the bioprocess design and variable space
- Scale up processes to large scale bioreactors to meet production targets
- Media batching, inoculation, culture and harvest of bioreactors
- Experimental design and analysis of experimental data.
- Present experimental summaries, conclusions and next stage experiments to senior leadership and team members
Occupational Category:19-1029 Biological Scientists, All Other
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer