$60-70K plus bonus
Our manufacturing client in Columbia, SC is looking to hire a CAD Designer. This Designer will have the opportunity to produce pattern designs using Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools.
- Prepare detail drawings of products from sketches using CAD equipment and associated peripheral equipment and software.
- Follow instructions and procedures.
- Perform non-complex detailing, redrawing, lettering and tracing of drawings on components, assemblies and engineering change orders.
- Ensure that drawings incorporate all design features and maintain the product style.
- Contribute design modifications to improve the product quality and function.
- Will take direction from engineers on new product development as well as sustaining and cost reduction projects.
- Requires a high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 2 years related experience.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of CAD software techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of design tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Product background from a factory-related, construction, architectural or HVAC products highly desired.
- Software experience working with CREO – solid models system/modeling system is required. SolidWorks or SolidEdge is ok as well.
- Model layouts, building layouts, assemblies building materials (SAP); take models and create detailed and assembly drawings; working through the product development process – partnering with engineers to build models in computer then prototypes off of these models.
- Partnership with modelmakers – as well as Manufacturing/MEs to get parts fabricated, etc.