We are recruiting for a buyer with a strong appetite for career growth.
In order to be successful you will need strong negotiating skills.
This position is responsible for purchasing and administration, quality and delivery, of consumable, and general supplies and services.
- Analyze for quantity, specification, and delivery completeness. Establish competitive sources, seek pricing and delivery, select supplier and place order.
- Using personal judgment and negotiation skills, search continually for improved value and less costly consumable, and MRO supplies needed for production and operations at prices, quality and inventory levels consistent with optimum operating income.
- Understand end use of assigned products with the purpose of developing alternative sources of supply, improving competitive position, while maintaining continuity of supply and consistent quality.
- Develop measurable annual cost reduction objectives and goals as a part of department and company business plans.
- Advise supervisor of market conditions and supplier base activity which could have material affect on prices or deliveries.
- Negotiate supplier rejections/quality problems; advise reasons for actions and complete claim process in a prompt and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively, have good relations and a positive image with suppliers and co-workers.
- Analyze daily raw materials and consumable inventories, compare to production requirements and schedule deliveries of necessary materials to assure adequate inventories to meet production requirements.
- Oversees the negotiation of rail and truck transportation contracts for the company.
- Travel (includes local, national and international) as necessary.
- Provide backup to the Purchasing Manager, as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science or a business degree.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years purchasing experience. Metals or heavy industry preferred.