BUYER- PERISHABLES / FOODSERVICE DISTRIBUTION
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A PERISHABLE BUYER IN FOODSERVICE DISTRIBUTION
As a Perishable Buyer, you will analyze and manage inventory levels for all assigned food vendors to ensure adequate supply while meeting or exceeding key performance indicators to maintain service level targets to our customers in the restaurant industry.
- Place purchase orders for assigned vendors based on weekly product forecasts and seasonality, while maintaining targeted service levels and inventory goals.
- Perform weekly inventory management activities to identify and manage excessive and obsolete inventory.
- Review daily inventory to solve potential out of stock issues.
- Expedite delivery of purchase orders based on un-anticipated customer demand by working with vendors and logistics partners.
- Ensure quality of product from vendors meets company quality standards, including incoming loads and approving or denying loads of product and work with warehouse produce specialist on deterioration and expirations limits
- Communicate vendor performance issues to category manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain timely and thorough communication with warehouse on incoming purchase orders and work with sales associates on product needs.
PERISHABLE BUYER QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience from three to five years in foodservice buying perishables preferred
- Works independently with sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including both written and oral.
- Strong analytical., organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize. Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making, Managing Processes.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
This position is located in our corporate office in Hilliard OH. schedule is Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm.
Offer will be commensurate with experience. Full-time employees also enjoy comprehensive benefits including, medical, vision, and dental insurance with employee contribution, a company-paid $25,000 employee life insurance policy, paid time off (PTO), and a 401(k)-program option with company match