Business System Analyst for Lab Information Management System (LIMS)
Description of Role:
Business System Analyst for LIMS technology platform will be responsible for supporting the requirements gathering and implementation of LIMS described below. This will include but not limited to:
You are a business system analyst who enjoys interacting with your end users and can drive product definition and execution in a fast-moving digital organization. You will be running requirement gathering sessions with customers, creating documentation detailing the customer’s current state, workflow, tools, pain point and key success criteria. You are responsible to validate and document business and functional requirements for system features and/or process changes.
As a Business System Analyst, it’s critical to build strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas across the company and understand their needs. You will work in partnership with stakeholders to improve the business processes impacted by technology changes. You will approach problem solving and system design from end-user experience perspective, using user-centered design principles and encouraging intuitive and streamlined UIs/workflows when possible.
Specific Projects / Required Experiences / Systems Experience Needed:
1. At least 5 years’ experience in the definition, design, implementation, and support of solutions in one or multiple clinical and medical systems: LIMS, SDMS, laboratory instrument and analytical software, and sample management systems
2. Implemented SapioLIMS solutions and familiarity with SapioLIMS application and configurations
3. BAs will have a track record of proven collaborative success, leading to successful outcomes for the customer. This collaboration will be applicable both with internal services team members and external customer stakeholders by building rapport and trust with them. BAs will be able to coordinate the proper internal team members to give input on complex solutions and communicate out that proposed solution to internal and external teams.
4. Demonstrated project management skills. BAs will be required to independently manage multiple workstreams (Sample Management & Accessioning, qPCR, Ligand Binding Assay, LC/MS, and Reporting), rolling up to the overall project management. BAs will also be required to coordinate solutions across multiple workstreams being performed by other team members, contributing to milestones in the project plan.
5. Analyze and develop interim and future-state business system process documentation that articulates exactly what changes are required
6. Tangible record of accomplishment in using Agile approaches for product development
7. Demonstrable experience in Design Thinking
8. You do not hesitate to dive in and work alongside the team
9. You can effectively manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, and you can navigate ambiguity effectively.
10. You put team before tasks by collaborating actively with all team members and supporting them
11. Elicit end user design workshops for the collection and refinement of personas, epics and user stories.
12. Author/co-author documents: epics, user stories and associated functional and design documents, Configuration Specifications, Test Plans, Test Cases, Work Instructions, SOPs, etc.
13. When appropriate, lead user acceptance testing (UAT) efforts to ensure the software implementation meets the needs of business end users
14. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Life Science
15. If employed in the U.S., being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is required.
Must Haves Skills:
1. Strong communicators proficient at running remote and in-person requirement gathering sessions with key customer subject matter experts and users
2. Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of a matrix organization
3. Ability to work in a collaborative team environment – willing to pitch in to achieve goals and maintain relationships with business leads, stakeholders, business users, technical team, validation, quality, and vendor resources
4. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
5. Demonstrated ability to establish and meet priorities and deadlines
6. Experience with timeline management and resource / capacity management
7. Basic knowledge on HTML, CSS, and SQL
8. English as a first language or excellent written and spoken English fluency
9. Excellent in all MS Office Products and Smartsheet
1. Implemented SapioLIMS Bioanalytical application
2. Support instrument integration with SapioLIMS
4. Experience with SapioLIMS workflow configurations