An exciting opportunity to drive government funding for projects leading from research to commercialization of futuristic energy products.
The company is a leading power management company doing business in more than 175 countries. The Renewable Energy Lab is a world-class corporate R&D function responsible for innovative and breakthrough technology development and commercialization for company products and service solutions. The company is an organization that values a supportive, inclusive, and flexible work environment, that will give you the opportunity to engage with a focused group of researchers and participate in learning and professional development classes
The company is seeking a Government Programs Business Development Manager to coordinate and win government funding from Defense and Energy agencies. The incumbent will be the company’s primary interface between our highly acclaimed researchers and critical contacts at National Laboratories, Universities, technology hubs and funding agencies. The incumbent will be an impactful piece of the technology strategy working with leadership on technology road mapping and developing proactive funding pursuit strategies to support research goals.
- Opportunity to be the primary technical liaison for strategic partnerships with Defense and Energy funding agencies.
- Influence upcoming funding opportunities to advance the company’s technologies.
- Find unique ways to identify and gain R&D funding sources based upon the company’s technology strategies, create government funding ideas, including draft concepts and identifying key partners.
- Provide technical and thought leadership, with the company’s technology stakeholders, that ensures winning proposals for government funding. This includes managing the external proposal process as well as the internal company bid process (organizing legal reviews with the company’s contracting and compliance team, preparing bid documentation, briefing senior leaders).
- Develop a deep network and provide critical inputs within the company’s technology and business teams to understand technology roadmaps and identify key program priorities.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of energy, climate and critical world policy developments that might impact the company’s R&D strategies.
- Represent the company across a broad network of external stakeholders including National Laboratories, Universities, lobbyists, research organizations and partner companies to create an ecosystem supporting the company’s interests and opportunities to secure external funding.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a technical/engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or business systems.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution preferred
- Experience with winning government funding required
- Experience with electric aircraft/vehicle, power electronics, electrical grids, electric vehicle charging, materials, data science and manufacturing
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Proactive, goal-directed thinking and acting
- Ability to perform in complex and dynamic environments
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines and hierarchies
- We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands
Healthcare/retirement savings programs
Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs