Do you love the Art-of-the-Deal? If you thrive on building relationships, navigating the negotiation process for new projects and landing exciting construction development deals – then we may have a great start to a wonderful dialogue!
Our client in Nashville is looking for the Top-Echelon of Buisiness Development Excellence and someone that is familiar with the hospitality & commercial development world! Based in Nashville, TN – working directly for the Vice President of a very established General Contractor, this position has all the hallmarks of a wonderful opportunity to be a key play-maker in this company!
The Business Development Manager will build the vertical market business development, marketing strategies and tactics for this GC. The selected candidate will be a Guru at networking and
relationship building, lead generation, initial client contact, obtaining new development opportunities, and coordinating promotional and sales functions in support of their market(s). This person will report
to the Managing Principal, Business Development VP with a strong relationship to project team leaders.
Also You Will :
• Hunt and Pursue all lead efforts to secure new project development opportunities.
• Build and maintain strong relationships (existing and potential clients) + network with other associated industry professionals.
• Contribute to establishing, strategizing and achieving target annual sales goals.
• Build and continually grow lead network through regular and systematic interaction with contacts in the commercial construction market.
• Work closely with project management teams to ensure client satisfaction is met.
• Communicate sales activity through forecasting.
• Collaborate with marketing team to align with visibility and branding objectives
• Represent the company through engagement with industry and market segment professional organizations, serve on committees, panels, boards, attend meetings and events, and speak at conferences.
• Proactively engage with internal teams to participate in events that align with market segments.
• Lead internal business development meetings.
• Participates and assists in subcontractor outreach events and program.
You May Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited program
• A minimum of 5 years of construction industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Business Development experience (Obviously!)
• Solid understanding of Commercial Construction with field and preconstruction perspective
• Thorough knowledge and experience of sales cycles
• Critical business thinking to construct strategic sales goal planning and solve problems
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with professional verbal and
written communication skills
• Executive presentation and delivery skills, able to lead, influence, negotiate, and engage
• Executive presence with ability to project confidence and poise under pressure
• Highly accountable and decisive; able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Active participant in professional organizations
So – if all the above “rings true” with you, then send us your info and let TLS tell you more!