Building Automation/Controls Estimator
Automation Project Developer/Estimator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Perform site visits to obtain information to develop automation project scopes and estimating details.
- Coordinates with in-house installers as well as 3rd party sub-contractors, vendors, internal/external engineering, etc. to develop accurate and competitive estimates and proposals.
- Interfaces with account managers to develop scopes of work, help close projects and manage expectations.
- Ensure that quotes are accurate and delivered in a timely manner to customers.
- Develop and complete written scopes of work related to project/service quoted.
- Provides plan & specification estimating support to Corporate Sales.
- Works with operations for smooth project hand off.
- Develop and complete BidTracer estimates and booking documents.
- Prepare and review booking packages, quotes and other related documents.
- Using knowledge base and experience, amend, adjust, change scopes, bid temps, presentation documents, etc as required or requested.
- In conjunction with Director of Automation Sales achieve written annual business plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or mechanical engineering is preferred.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in Automation project estimating.
- Ability to organize and manage time to meet bid deadlines.
- Strong communication/coordination skills both written and verbal.
- Independent decision making is required.
- Computer skills using MS Office required. BidTracer estimating software experience is preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be in compliance with company designated driver policy.