My client is expanding and seeks a Data Scientist to take on the following tasks:
- Develop algorithms to improve identification and analysis of therapies with a primary focus on building machine learning models.
- Identify and implement workflow improvements, including statistical modeling techniques.
- Collaborate with computational team to build and improve the pipeline by staying current on single-cell methodologies and integrating bioinformatics tools.
- Liaise with both wet lab and computational scientists to identify sequencing needs and determine best plan of action.
- Analyze various large-scale datasets (including scRNA-seq) and report findings with a deep understanding of the molecular biology variables and clinical applications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- MS/PhD in Bioinformatics and relevant work experience
- Expertise in NGS, machine learning, and statistical modeling
- Strong understanding of molecular biology as it relates to NGS
- Experience with single cell data, including RNA-seq
- Fluency in R/Python, Linux platforms and data management
- Experience with large-scale biological data analysis