Our client is currently seeking a Billing Coordinator as part of the Accounting team in our downtown Cleveland office. The Billing Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all aspects of billing are completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Billing Coordinator will work closely with internal and external clients to facilitate the distribution of the invoices according to client and firm guidelines.
Job Duties Include:
- Manages the complete billing process for a portfolio of assigned attorneys and/or clients, following firm and client guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Print, distribute, edit, prepare, and post firm pre-bills
- Work with clients and attorneys to implement client specific billing guidelines
- Set up all client/matter maintenance in time and billing system to ensure that the bill format requested by the billing attorney is in place, along with any client discount and ebilling information
- Handle all phases of ebilling in conjunction with the ebilling software or by manual submission of invoices. This includes new timekeeper requests, rejection errors and reporting
- Ensure client and attorney preferences are appropriately considered
- Respond to requests from internal and external clients in a professional and timely manner
- Identify and escalate billing related issues to supervisor and work with supervisor to determine appropriate course of action
- Work with billing manager to set up/change billing guidelines on new or existing clients and attorneys
- Maintain documentation of procedures, deadlines and other client and lawyer preferences related to billing and interacting with assigned lawyers/clients
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must possess an Associate’s degree or equivalent related experience in business, accounting, or finance with a minimum of two years billing experience. Law firm experience working within the Aderant and/or Elite systems is preferred.
Must possess strong technical analysis skills and advanced Excel capabilities. Must have working knowledge of automated accounting systems and knowledge of general accounting principles. Experience with third party electronic billing software is preferred.