We’re looking for an Automation Engineer to join a stable and successful company in Crest Hill – just minutes from Joliet, IL, and a short, reverse commute from southwest Chicago.
Headquartered near Joliet, Illinois, our client builds PLC-controlled equipment. This stable company was founded in 1974 and has enjoyed a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a long track record of success. In an environment where everyone rolls up their sleeves and pitches in, this is a great opportunity for the right individual to become part of a talented and collaborative team.
Responsible for the engineering of projects from initial research and scope development, project detail engineering, and then through manufacturing and testing. Support the customer and contractor firms during installation and start-up. This will include but is not limited to: electrical control schematic design, component selection, PLC programming, motor drive programming, shop labor oversight, control panel testing, and generation of written installation, operating, and maintenance manuals. Will spend some time in the field troubleshooting new and existing installations.
What makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Opportunity to work with a large variety of different technologies used to meet the custom requirements of some of the most advanced projects in their industry.
- The company is highly profitable and financially stable.
- Highly collaborative environment, yet successful candidate will be given a significant amount of autonomy to engineer his/her own projects.
- In an environment where everyone rolls up their sleeves and pitches in, this is a great opportunity to become part of a talented and collaborative team.
- This company offers a market competitive salary and full benefits.
Responsibilities of the Control Systems Engineer:
- Learn current control system designs, learn industry code requirements as related to the design of control systems, design hardware for new controllers, design and implement programs for new controllers.
- Design electrical schematics in AutoCAD
- Write and debug PLC control programs
- Troubleshoot various control systems on field installations
- Multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, interdepartmental peers, and upper management
- Communicate and integrate control systems with other divisions of affiliated companies
- May require some travel (approximately 4 weeks per year)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Minimum three years of previous Control Engineering experience
- High level of knowledge in PLC Systems and Programming.
- Strong knowledge of variable speed motor control including Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Knowledge of networked PLC systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed, self-starter
- Strong working knowledge of ladder logic programming is an absolute requirement. Familiarity with GE Proficy or AB RSLogix is a plus.