AUDIT MANAGER – Hanover, Chambersburg, Carlisle, Hagerstown or York
We are looking for an experienced Audit Manager to serve our Audit Practice across our entire footprint. This is a Partner track position with significant opportunity for growth and fast-paced advancement. An ideal Audit Manager will have a passion for client service, advanced technical knowledge, and superior management skills. Auditors work in a variety of industries including governmental, nonprofit, manufacturing, construction, financial institutions, and employee benefit plans.
Our organization is a full-service accounting and consulting firm with offices in Carlisle, York, Hanover, Camp Hill, Chambersburg, and Hagerstown, MD. Our professionals are recognized for their expertise in accounting, auditing, and tax functions. We have also established specialty areas such as business valuation, employee benefit planning and administration, estate planning and compliance, and small business consulting.
Our mission is to be committed to serving our clients by employing top professionals with a wealth of skills and knowledge. Our firm offers team members an excellent career track along with a professional and growth-oriented work environment. We offer flexible schedules, study time, and reduced hours in the summer in order to support employee needs to balance their personal and work life. In addition, we strive to provide and maintain a positive work environment where each employee feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Audit Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all phases of an engagement from planning to issuance of financial statements.
- Oversees the efforts of multiple client audit engagements with the ability to manage to budget.
- Proactively interacts with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related issues, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Manages the preparation of financial statements and management letters.
- Reviews and prepares work papers to ensure documentation adequately supports conclusions reached.
- Delivers timely and direct feedback to engagement teams that contributes to the ongoing development of the team and individual members.
- Provides on-the-job training to the engagement staff during audit field work.
- Provides subject matter expertise within areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for supporting new client development; participates in client meetings, presentation and proposal development.
- Invests time in business development activities in order to develop external relationships that will lead to additional opportunities for the firm.
- Responsible for participating in audit department administration including billing, scheduling, and staff development.
Benefits & Perks:
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- Flexible schedules (including half-day Fridays in the summer)
- Dress for your day policy (jeans included)
- Culture of growth and opportunity
- 401k profit sharing plan
- Participation in a manager bonus pool
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Individual Medical Insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Active CPA license required.
- Minimum 6 years of recent progressive audit experience in public accounting firm. Prior management experience required.
- Experience planning, organizing, implementing and controlling engagements.
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills, including proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Ability to develop staff and build teams.
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills.
EOE STATEMENT – We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.