We are currently searching for an Associate Scientist or Sr. Research Associate with experience in downstream process development and optimization for AAV production for a start up company in South San Francisco.
Requirements of the Associate Scientist- AAV Production
- BS 5+ years or MS 3+ years relevant industry experience.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture (adherent and suspension), aseptic techniques, transfections and dPCR and flow cytometry
- Experience using DOE software to design experiments a plus
- Experience in AAV production a plus
- Experience in documentation of experimental data and analysis, interpreting experimental results, suggesting changes to improve robustness and reproducibility of production process.
Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist- Downstream process development
- Support development of a suspension cell AAV production platform
- Conduct studies to enable development of representative scale down models for manufacturing processes
- Design and conduct experiments to assess critical and key process parameters and process controls, study their impact on quality attributes for AAV production
- Conduct dPCR and flow cytometry experiments and analysis
Our client is a s a small startup biotech company in the South San Francisco area. Founded in 2018. They are at about 30 employees. They are doing gene regulation to Identify novel epigenetic domains. Their technology provides precise gene regulation without having to cut the DNA and is being used across multiple therapeutic areas.
Occupational Category:19-1029. Biological Scientists, All Other