- Lead the development of the equine marketing strategy and sales plans with key customers in accordance with corporate goals.
- Manage and build relationships with equine accounts to deliver annual sales and profit targets in domestic markets and establish short and long-term sales goals for all equine products.
- Manage and grow capabilities of the equine team, which includes brand managers and sales specialists.
- Provide P&L oversight for key accounts to maximize profitability by growing top-line sales and managing selling and advertising expenses.
- Lead the development of online shopper insights and category innovation and become the category captain with key equine partners.
- Lead the management and strategy behind equine events and sponsorships that include influencers, tradeshows, and other events.
- Maintain expertise of the equine supplement landscape and online competitors, identifying trends and online growth opportunities.
- Develop annual sales and marketing plans and create and execute annual promotional plans for equine products with customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with ecommerce, retail, and the veterinary channel teams to help define go-to-market strategies from product concept to product launch through analysis and research to meet customer needs.
- In collaboration with Demand Planning, create annual forecasts and provide monthly updates and inputs to allow for on-time delivery.
- Propose marketing based on market demand and insights and advise regarding promotional opportunities.
- Assist with brand protection and collaborate with Brand Protection and Marketing to remedy problems. Regular Attendance is required
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- 10+ years of CPG Equine sales and marketing experience domestically
- In-depth understanding of the equine industry, dealer tack, and developing executing sales and marketing strategy, plans, and campaigns.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills – experience analyzing data and actively communicating business unit KPI’s to the executive team and other business units
- Working knowledge of ecommerce contracts, negotiation, and understanding of general terms and conditions
- Experience growing organizational capabilities
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business or sales/marketing related discipline. MBA or other relevant advanced degree, a plus.