My client is expanding and seeks an Associate Director to assist with oncology drug discovery and development. The ideal candidate will come from a biotech background and take on the following tasks:
- Lead a team responsible for providing molecular biology support for target validation and antibody discovery and development efforts.
- Design molecular and cellular laboratory strategies and experiments, oversee their execution, and interpret results.
- Function as the SME for design and execution of molecular biology-based experiments for supporting multiple target programs.
- Design and execute assay development, optimization, and validation of molecular biology techniques.
- Manage internal and outsourced protein production capabilities to support preclinical research programs.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for driving of science with urgency to bring new therapies to patients.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- PhD and 5+ years of industry experience with a primary focus on molecular biology-based method development for biologic products development.
- Extensive hands-on experience with various molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, CRISPR, protein engineering techniques, and more.
- Management experience of internal and external resources.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid understanding of the drug discovery process from lead discovery through late pre-clinical discovery preferred.