Milton, MA – Full Time
The Assistant Superintendent position can be very diverse. Depending on the project size and challenges, the Assistant Superintendent may be responsible for various scopes of work. These scopes of work range from foundation, structure and facade thru MEP to interior rough and finish.
- Understanding and implementing the field Standard Operating Procedures in daily activities.
- Assist in managing and documenting all day-to-day job site activities including OSHA safety compliance. Addresses and reports any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Documents work progress using Procore software.
- Direct field personnel according to the project plan and/or the direction of the Superintendent.
- Communicate issues, events, performance and job progress daily to the Superintendent.
- Report problems promptly to the Superintendent to facilitate the most cost-effective solutions.
- Establish effective working relationships with the entire team.
- Work closely with the Superintendent on matters pertaining to materials, sequencing, scheduling and personnel.
- Must be able to provide jobsite coverage including nights and weekends if required.
Project Start-Up/Turnover Meeting
- Identify pre-mobilization activities in conjunction with the Project Superintendent.
- Review start-up schedule with superintendent and understand your responsibilities.
- Track/Log subcontractors participation in a safety pre-construction meeting prior to starting work on the project.
- Track/log that all subcontractors have a full set of SDS sheets on the project.
- Track/Log subcontractor site specific safety plan.
- Track/Log current insurance certificate prior to allowing any sub to start work on the project.
- Review the project daily to ensure that all activities are being performed in accordance with all OSHA regulations and the project site specific safety plan.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Become familiar with Quality Management Process, SOP and assist the Team with implementation.
Sub-Contractor and Site Management throughout the Project
- Help to mobilize the field office and maintain the job site to Company standards.
- Organize all project documentation on the job site for easy access and review according to company standards.
- Manage subcontractor performance to quality and ethical standards.
- Work with Superintendent to identify and resolve manpower challenges and construction changes/issues.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings including the Project Team Agreement meeting, weekly DJKS internal team meetings; project turnover, mobilization and project coordination meetings; safety meetings; weekly foreman meetings; monthly schedule review meetings and quarterly Superintendent meetings.
- Complete daily reports and maintains logs of key activities, files and shop drawings.
- Continually take job photos to document progress of the project.
- Inventory the quality and condition of all material deliveries.
- Maintain required safety reporting and all other required files to Company standards.
- Insure that as-built working drawings are maintained as well as the current drawing log and revision log, communicating this to the subcontractors.
- Must have the ability to walk the job site including the ability to climb ladders and traverse uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time for meeting attendance and computer work.
- Must provide own transportation to job sites.
- Core Values – Possess honesty, integrity and family values
- Strong work ethic – Must be able to set and achieve goals
- Dependable – Must consistently follow through on assignments and tasks
- Positive attitude – Creates a good environment for co-workers
- Self-motivated – Is constantly seeking new opportunities to learn, grow and lead
- Team Oriented – Makes the most out of collaboration
- Effective Communicator – Communication is clear and professional
- Flexible – Can adapt to changing situations in a positive manner