The Company Bio:
As one of the oldest, established GCs in Nashville – this company is leading the way on construction in Middle Tn for almost 100 years. They also know people make the company successful, so they take care of their work-family. Work-Life balance is just as important as professional growth and satisfaction with all levels of employees, regardless of position or responsibilities.
Their company serves commercial retail, religious and light industrial clients in a number of different industry segments with their most trusted client developments. They have 100 years of history in delivering excellence to their clients and community. The company is roughly $60+M annually in volume and has a complement of 40+ employees based in Middle Tn. Their Company constructs projects on average of $50k-5M, in the Greater Nashville area.
They want to talk to you about what makes them special and allows them to develop & retain long-term employees (& clients) year after year. Give them the opportunity to talk to you and learn about what your goals are in the construction industry -and how you may possibly work together.
Brief Snapshot of Requirements:
Commercial new + additions/remodels/TI projects. Total valuation ranges between $100k-5M on average.
Some multi-use and some office/retail. Mostly commercial/industrial geared project base.
Must have 1-2+ years of relevant APM or commercial construction experience
Bachelors degree required (or be near graduation or a graduate with relevant Construction Management/Architectural Degrees)
Construction Field Engineer, APM or PE experience required (will not consider IT industry)
No required software experience- open to all formats as training will be provided.
Local candidates only – will not compensate for relocation.
The Assistant Project Manager will work with the PM on the entire construction process from Preconstruction through final completion.
The APM works with the estimator’s and is responsible for the financial success of the project from beginning to completion.
The APM is one of the points of contact for the owner during this time period and coordinates with the PM for client satisfaction.
Additional Objectives in the Role:
- Recognize the main objective for each project is that its success is measured by client satisfaction, budget maintenance, profitability, and schedule adherence.
- Some proficiency in writing scopes of work into subcontract exhibits.
- Ability to create a CPM schedule and modify it according to the needs of the project.
- Understands the fundamentals of scheduling to provide assistance to project staff.
- Able to partner with the project Superintendent and lead the project as necessary in an effort to maintain project schedule.
- Understand risk on projects.
- Must have current driver’s license valid the past 12 consecutive months and an acceptable motor vehicle record ( no DUI’s in the past 36 months ).
- Background checks are a required part of the hiring process.