Associate Production Manager, reporting to Production Manager.
You will be responsible for leading union hourly and 6 salaried employees to ensure safe actions, environmental compliance and quality production in a Good Manufacturing Practice food-grade operation. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting of the manufacturing process, recommending and implementing effective solutions, overseeing multiple improvement projects, and consistently achieving production plans and move the department forward.
- Lead technical and non-technical troubleshooting. engaging team members and technical resources, as needed, in addressing moderate to complex issues. Innovates to remove barriers to operational improvements.
- Manage, communicate and achieve targets of the dept. This may be yields or other KPI’s.
- Translate departmental targets into action plans and development plans.
- Support overall site manufacturing by leading production, maintenance and yields to maximize efficiency while achieving quality and performance targets.
- Develop and execute programs to improve safety, environmental compliance, quality, reliable production performance, asset health, yields, capacities and costs. Draw innovation from employees, other team leaders, engineers and other departments.
- Develop production employees through training, coaching, document development, objective setting, evaluation and/or administering personal performance reviews.
- Monitor operations’ performance and lead multiple rotating shifts’ production priority setting and activities planning/assignments to ensure actions result in safe, compliant and quality work achieving scheduled production to meet customers’ needs and assure desired yields are met.
- Manage spending within area budget requirements. Work closely with Maintenance to balance meeting Maintenance budgeted spending and maximizing plant asset health and availability to meet business needs.
- Assure team knowledge, understanding, and compliance of all policies, procedures, work instructions and adherence to quality control standards.