Assistant Plant Manager
Our food manufacturing is looking to hire an Assistant Plant Manager. The Assistant Plant Manager role is a developmental role that exists in larger more complex facilities. This role reports directly to the Plant Operations Manager. This role functions as the site Operations lead for the facility. The Assistant Plant Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing, while ensuring adherence to Company policies and procedures. This position develops business processes that maximize a broad set of key business metrics supporting Human Safety, FSQ and Productivity.
- Provide overall leadership, direction and coordination for day-to-day plant/segment operations
- Ensure appropriate priorities are set and resources allocated to deliver against business objectives starting with Personal and Food Safety through Cost and Service.
- Support special projects or assignments that will both support core business objectives as well as present opportunities for professional and technical growth.
- As an active member of the site leadership team must work to translate overall ISC strategy into local strategic objectives and actions.
- Ensure adherence to all safety & product quality policies and procedures promoting a world-class safety culture
- Manage a leadership team in achieving daily production goals
- Identify and implement strategies to improve performance, meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provide coaching and development of plant staff to ensure effective leadership, collaboration and balance in achieving KPIs focused on safety, quality, customer service and productivity
- Monitor and set standards for operations and help identify and remove bottlenecks
- Increase production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs
- Plan and supervise the design and progress of capital projects
- Help develop and implement financial and non-financial objectives including annual budget that serves as the fiscal operating plan
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
· 10+years’ related experience and/or training in a manufacturing, distribution, or supply chains environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Food manufacturing experiencew.
- A demonstrated track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of business metrics
- Demonstrated ability to develop direct reports to become bench strength for future growth opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, Business Management or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills required
- Ability to analyze Operational performance and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Working knowledge of cost accounting, budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the organization; plant operations to executive leadership
- Time management, attention to detail, active listening, decision-making, organizational, verbal and written skills required
- Proficient computer skills required to include; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to include; coaching, prioritization, team-building, training, emotional intelligence, and conflict management