Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in industrial or mechanical engineering or related discipline plus 3-5 years of targeted experience. Specifically:
Responsibilities: This individual manages (either through supervisors or directly) the maintenance staff in an assigned area of a large poultry processing facility. Specifically:
· Plans, organizes and directs the development of the maintenance work plan; assigns methods and procedures. Assists in establishing work policies, maintenance and repair standards.
· Develops, maintains and updates as necessary a preventive maintenance program using the technology provided by the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) system in order to increase the reliability of the equipment and minimize production line downtime related to equipment failure.
· Develops new layout designs for use in installing new equipment/processes, as well as, changes to existing. Prepares estimates of needed equipment, materials, supplies and labor.
· Supervises the repair of all types of building, mechanical and structural problems. Reviews completed work orders.
· Identifies chronic maintenance problem areas and recommends courses of action necessary to repair, modify or replace equipment by utilizing machine downtime and machine history data from the CMMS system in order to increase machine efficiencies and reduce costs.
· Ensures that the activities of the Maintenance Department adhere to USDA regulations and plant quality control standards. Keep the Maintenance Supervisors and mechanics informed of the proper procedures and monitor their compliance.