This opportunity is with a long established company in the food manufacturing industry. Stability with very low turnover, sound financials, and a good working environment make this an attractive opportunity for applicants.
Assistant Maintenance Manager (“Assistant Plant Engineer”)
similar job titles: Maintenance Superintendent, Maintenance Shift Manager, Assistant Chief Engineer, Process Engineer, Project Engineer
Location: La Porte, IN
Shift: 2nd shift + flexibility to help on other shifts as needed.
Job Description: The Assistant Maintenance Manager (referred to as “Assistant Plant Engineer”) is responsible for leading, developing, managing and executing all aspects for maintenance with customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide employees and the manufacturing staff on their shift. The incumbent is also responsible for the supervising, training, and mentoring members of the Maintenance department. This position exists to ensure the production equipment is properly maintained in order to produce and package all products.
- PLC programming required
- Bachelor’s degree in business/technical-related field or a culmination of experience and education
- Five (5) – Ten (10) years of related work experience, preferably some experience in supervision in a Maintenance department.
- Willing to work 2nd and flexibility to help on other shifts as needed.
- Team Building / Training experience
- Project Management & CMMS experience
- Refrigeration a plus.
- Studio 5000 software experience
- Predictive & Preventative Maintenance
- Risk Assessment & Root Cause Analysis
- Experience working safely with Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical, Conveyors, Boilers and Electronics
This job offers the following
Outstanding opportunities with a financially healthy and established organization.
Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare that is low cost to employees
- Defined pension plan
- 401k plan with generous match
- Highly adequate relocation assistance is provided if needed.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?