The Superintendent will arrange the work of one or more paving crews and coordinate activities of workers engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, driveways, etc.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understanding of plans and owner specifications
· Supervision and participation in securing compliance that contract work contract specifications
· The accurate take-off quantities and the determination of material requirements from project plans and specifications.
· The preparation of detailed resources requirements from the quantity take-offs and specifications.
· Coordination of subcontractors on jobs and maintenance of subcontractor progress.
· Preparation and submittal to owners or general contractors of schedules, materials sources, claims, invoices, or any other required paperwork.
· Verification of subcontractor payments.
· Collection of accounts receivable.
· Analyzing of estimates versus as-built costs from job cost system.
· Minimum of 5 years of related supervisory experience in Heavy Highway/Road Construction or a directly related field required
· Asphalt Paving Level 1 & 2
· Preferred Traffic Control Supervisor Certification
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Must be willing to work days, nights or weekends as needed
· Must be able to complete all required paperwork efficiently
· Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Florida driver’s license