JOB OVERVIEW: The Architectural Job Captain will work closely with internal and extended project team to create design and construction documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for overseeing the actual drafting of the project and takes directions from the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Prinicpal and/or the Architect of Record.
• Perform measured field surveys of various properties throughout Nassau, Suffolk & 5 Boroughs.
• Prepare presentation drawings, renderings and sketches and interior design boards.
• Assist in developing project documents for bidding and construction.
• Responsible for the development and coordination of the drawings and specifications across the various departments and disciplines.
• Advise the Project Management Team when the drawings and specifications are complete and ready to be issued. Responsible to delivering the committed documents at the established
deadlines and milestones.
• Delivery of proposals and project‐related documents to clients, agencies and municipalities.
• Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project.
• Is responsible for the accuracy of each segment of the work performed under his/her purview.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to function comfortably, gain trust, confidence and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals including consultants, contractors and project team.
• Understanding of building codes and ADA compliance for successful completion of the project.
• Proven ability to function in all phases of project development from schematic design through construction administration.
• Working experience AutoCAD & MS Office required. Autodesk Architecture, Sketchup & Photoshop preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced design environment.
• Self-motivated with high attention to detail.
• Ability to take direction and effectively communicate across all disciplines.
• BS Architecture with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.