Applications Engineer – Vehicle Safety Technology
Job Summary of an Applications Engineer
Our client, a global leader in vehicle safety technology, is looking for an Applications Engineer to join their team. In this position, you will work directly with customers (30% of your time) to make sure products are released meeting expectations. These are next generation technologies, applying advanced electronic and embedded systems.
This is a good position for someone coming from a design release (DRE), resident, or applications engineering background. This company offers good, long-term stability, with multiple growth paths for your career.
Responsibilities of an Applications Engineer
- Participate and lead meetings with Asian teams in Japan and Korea during late evening or early morning as needed.
- ESER/EPV/first part sign-off for all RCS products
- Coordinate crash testing equipment and parts and crash test data distribution.
- Provide data from testing to design team for inclusion in design and/or validation.
- Manage prototype orders, quality documentation, and deliveries to customer.
- Responsible for KFD-IR, other ANPQP documentation
- Manage customer engineering portal (G2B, TCP2, V3P)
- Create and maintain end item BOM, end item drawing, and end item releases and PPAP.
- Attend customer meetings as required as a representative.
- Provide appropriate project documentation and status updates as needed and respond to customer requests and concerns.
- Provide customer build support and vehicle trouble shooting assistance as required.
- Support customer testing as required, such as vehicle electrical testing, vehicle EMC testing, and breadboard testing.
- Ensure adherence to process standards for product development.
- Travel (~20%) to customer sites in Michigan, Georgia and Alabama.
Qualifications of an Applications Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience working with automotive electronics and/or embedded systems.
- Background working directly with customers on complex technical issues.
- Experience with BOM, tracking, documentation, and other similar activities as a design release, resident, or applications engineer.
- A process-oriented approach to work (DVP&R, FMEA, etc.), with the ability to work at the product level.
- Ability to read/interpret/troubleshoot:
- electrical schematics
- mechanical drawings
- electrical and/or mechanical specifications
Compensation and Other Details
Salary Range: $90,000-120,000/year
Location: Southfield, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only