The Thermal Application Engineer prepares and presents proposals for OEM (original equipment manufacturer) industrial rotary thermal and pulverizing and classifying products.
- Reviews requests for proposals with for the rotary thermal product line which includes rotary kiln, rotary calciners, rotary dryers and rotary coolers.
- Coordinates scheduling, generates test program, and manages performance of pilot plant testing to support proposals, including customer interface.
- Selects suitable technology and sizes equipment to comply with project requirements with customer and performs necessary supporting engineering calculations.
- Prepares outline of cost estimate and risk assessment used to develop pricing model for proposal.
- Coordinates with supply chain to generate RFQ and obtain manufacturing shop and vendor purchased component quotes.
- Prepares formal proposal documents with support of commercial activities team.
- Supports Sales with technical / commercial presentation of proposals.
- Supports Project Managers with project management activities during execution of successful proposals.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a position involving analytical problem solving.
- Process and operating experience in the field of industrial process machinery and applications.
- Should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Remote based with several days per month onsite at the Naperville, IL office. Must reside within commuting distance.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance