Our client is adding a new position for an Application Engineer. You will be responsible for supporting sales of our client’s line of mechanical surface characterization instruments, including indentation, scratch testing and tribology, and rheology, and for providing after-sales support to existing customers. The position is in Torrance, CA. The client offers a salary of $75k (or more for experienced candidates), full benefits, profit sharing bonuses, and a $10,000 anniversary bonus every five years.
- Conducting, evaluating, and presenting feasibility studies (sample measurements).
- Installations, training, and technical support.
- Maintenance and repairs of existing installations.
Skills and qualifications you will need:
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in nano/micro indentation, scratch testing, tribology, or rheology
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in a natural sciences or engineering.
- Availability for frequent overnight travel (up to 50%).
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and passport.