Our premier electrical drive and control technologies ensure efficient, powerful and safe movement in machines and systems of any size. We inspire our customers with intelligent components, tailored system solutions, and services – from fully connected applications to the factory of the future.
The Applications Engineer works closely with the Sales team as the primary technical product support interface to our external and internal customers by supporting the selection of the right products/solutions for an application. As a Factory Automation Applications Engineer, you will primarily be focused on our Electrical Automation products, but you should be familiar working with linear technology, assembly technology, and other mechatronics technologies. In the southeast region (Atlanta based), you will:
- Interpret customer specifications, make specific product recommendations, and assist with selection of products/solutions
- Work with both Distribution Partners and Direct Customers to help ensure that electric drives, controls, and communications are successfully applied/implemented to modern machinery and equipment for automation, assembly, test, material flow, etc.
- Perform technical analysis of machine and application requirements and select best suitable products/solutions (sizing, selecting, applying, hands-on support).
- Demonstrate/present key product capabilities and advantages to customers.
- Generate samples of code for communication, PLC, HMI, drives/motion control and provide startup assistance.
- Support the electric drive and control products in mechatronic systems.
- Prepare and participate in product workshops and presentations for customers and trade show events (internal and external).
- Travel Requirement: On average of 25%; but can be up to 40% at certain times.