As a Process Control Engineer, you are responsible for creating and producing polymers, fibers, and other materials for the global apparel industry. As a member of the R&D and Operations team, you will play an essential role by continually evolving the capabilities of our pilot and production plants to meet ever-changing market needs. The responsibilities and expectations of this role are as follows.
- Advance the vison of world-class development and production facilities by addressing long-term control systems needs and gaps
- Apply expertise to designing and implementing changes to the pilot and production plant control systems in support rapidly evolving business and market needs. Includes directing the execution, commissioning, and startup of the control systems elements of capital projects.
- Lead the prompt resolution of control system performance issues through the application of strong critical thinking skills. Provide on-call support for 24/7 plant operations.
- Drive continuous improvement in the control system infrastructure including project activity to renew and evolve the DCS platforms. Implement enhanced software tools for data analysis and improved control.
- Oversee reliability maintenance of DCS hardware and software.
- Guide the knowledge and skill development of other control equipment support personnel.
- Demonstrate a superior sense of urgency and a strong commitment to achieving outstanding results.
- Exhibit a high degree of effectiveness working both independently and in a team structure.
- Maintain an exceptional focus on EH&S performance in all activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated project management skills from initial concept through final implementation
- More than 5 years of industrial experience designing and implementing process control systems including the selection of field instrumentation.
- Experience implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting Honeywell TDC-3000, Experion PKS, or similar control systems, including field hardware and applications development
- Experience in IT systems/networks diagnostics and maintenance
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Microsoft Server and Windows platforms
- Working knowledge of PLC programming