Responsible for the repair, testing and calibration of clinical equipment, devices, instruments and systems. Inspect, install and provide scheduled maintenance of general anesthesia equipment. Supports clinical equipment, medical staff, technicians, and administrators with technical assistance and advice.
· Perform safety checks and document all tasks to ensure compliance with all local and federal guidelines. Candidates MUST have experience and formal training on GE anesthesia equipment.
· Provides advanced levels of equipment and/or departmental service and support, and performs preventive maintenance, quality assurance inspections, installation, testing, calibration, troubleshooting, repair and general maintenance on specialized Biomedical Life Support equipment, Anesthesia, Operating Room, Ventilators, Perfusion, Clinical data/network systems and related technologies.
· Must be professional at all times; must be able to work with minimal supervision; must maintain a positive work environment and overall team effort at all times.
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience repairing, maintaining and calibrating medical equipment independently.
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the repair and maintenance of general anesthesia equipment.
· GE Anesthesia Training Certification preferred.
· Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Must have the ability to work independently.
· MUST have excellent communication, customer service and time management skills.
· Must have the ability and willingness to travel and periodically conform to a flexible work schedule on an as-needed basis. Ability and willingness to respond to after-hours service requests as needed.
· Must have a good driving record and pass a background check.
Associate’s, bachelor’s degree or military equivalent program in Biomedical Engineering / Electronics, Electronic Technology or other related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted if approved. GE Anesthesia Training Certification preferred.
Applicants are subject to complete background search, motor vehicle records check, and drug screening before hire.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without Visa sponsorship.