ADVISORY SENIOR – 4 weeks PTO!
The rapid growth of the Strategic Growth Advisory Practice within our firm has created a need for a Senior. The practice provides financial due diligence and operational transformational services to both strategic and financial buyers. Join a team of dedicated transaction specialists who provide counsel to private equity funds, middle market companies and large corporations with a wide variety of deal structures and capital market solutions.
Apply your accounting, modeling and financial expertise to guide clients through the transaction lifecycle, from pre-transaction strategy through post-transaction integration. You will work with clients across the globe in industries including distribution, technology, professional services and health care.
The successful candidate will work on a broad array of engagements including buy and sell-side M&A transactions, reorganizations and restructuring, interim financial services, FP&A services, and valuations. This is the ideal role for a motivated professional who likes to get deep into the inner workings of a company and broaden their industry exposure.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Assist in planning and, executing, financial/accounting due diligence for private equity and strategic buyers and sellers
• Develop relationships with clients and engage in effective interactions with target company executives
• Compile and analyze historical financial data/financial statements and conduct interviews with buyers and sellers
• Comment on the quality of earnings (Quality of Earnings/normalized EBITDA) by highlighting significant business profitability trends and overly aggressive accounting policies
• Work with and supervise a staff of professionals from different experience backgrounds
• Assist Partners and Senior Managers on proposals and new business opportunities by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, building client relationships, and demonstrating knowledge of client business
• Learn advanced modeling skills including the development of multi-year forecasts and quantitative business measurements
• Exhibit a clear understanding of project expectations ensuring on-time project deliverables and meeting deadlines
• Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives
• Strong knowledge in U.S. GAAP, GAAS, transaction advisory services or mergers and acquisitions.
• Exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to work individually and on a team
• Foster relationships with coworkers (through all services lines of the firm) and clients (both strategic and private equity)
• Participating in a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance
• MBA in Finance is a plus
• CPA certification is a plus
• Experience within a nationally recognized accounting and financial services firm is a plus
• Ability to travel 30% – 40% of the time
• Strong technical accounting skills, and detailed knowledge of GAAP.
• Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence. Problem-solving is essential.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as report writing is required.
• The ability to conduct detailed analysis (using external information) on products, markets, competitors, and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
• Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
• Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications. Especially advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
• Proficient use and analysis and operating models, and dynamic spIn addition, the skills and qualifications needed include:readsheet applications.
• A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance and due diligence findings.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client needs
• Advanced frontline experience in building financial budgets and decision models