Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Process supplier invoices in a timely manner including freight invoices.
- Review and verify that invoices agree with purchase orders, research discrepancies and communicate with operations to resolve such discrepancies.
- Assists in special project assignments supporting the staff such as but not limited to researching sale checks, debit memos, yearend filings of 1099’s and other tax documents.
- Research issues and acts as contact for suppliers and internal personnel on inquiries regarding accounts payable invoices and all freight invoices.
- Record supplier prepayments and credit card payments, as well as recording manual payments for wires issued.
- Set up new vendors in system.
- Assist in reconciling intercompany accounts within JD Edwards on a weekly basis, ensuring that all AR invoices are accounted for in the AP system.
- Balance and close payables at month end.
- Other responsibilities as needed, such as sending tax certificates and credit information, back up for AR.
Your Experience & Education
- 2 year Associate degree minimum in either business or accounting, 4 year degree is a plus.
- 2+ year experience in accounts payable with a manufacturing company.
- JD Edwards experience is a plus but not required.
Your Skills & Traits:
- Highly efficient, detailed oriented with solid time management skills.
- Proficient with computers and basic programs such as Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical skills and able to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Accounting knowledge with G/L experience of coding invoices.
- Excellent communication skills.