Lorain OH (Hybrid)
The Plant Controller is responsible for the preparation and accuracy of financial and operating reports for the facility. Works closely with Sales and Operations. Oversees 3 Direct Reports. Interacts with Global entities.
- Responsible for all accounting activities within the facility, including general accounting, cost accounting, accounts payable and receivable, cash management and fixed asset management.
- Preparing annual budgets, monthly/quarterly forecasts, monthly and year-end financial statements, performance-to -actual analysis and daily operating updates.
- Responsible for compliance with all internal control procedures.
- Product costing and analysis.
- Inventory control and cycle count and physical inventory activities.
- Leading continuous improvement and cost control initiatives.
- Perform other tasks, projects or duties as assigned.
- Supervises AR/AP and Staff Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
- 7+ years of specific relevant work experience.
- Experience with Manufacturing, Warehouse & Distribution or Industrial environment is required (e.g., cost accounting, plant experience).
- Capable of presenting financial data to the business leadership team.
- Demonstrates strong understanding and utilization of sound accounting controls and
- Leadership and managerial abilities with the ability to quickly adjust to changing business needs.
- Strong, proactive, analytical skills.
- Team player with the ability to work cross functionally across the entire organization, builds collaborative
- Solid interpersonal skills to effectively interact at all levels, across functions.
- Goal oriented with proven record of self-motivation and achievements.
- Proactive and able to manage ambiguity effectively.
- Ability to conceptualize and to think strategically.
- Strong grasp of information technology applications.
- Prior experience in HR function oversight is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint