Manages and oversees effective preparation, analysis, and insight for inventory balances and freight analysis. Ensures accurate and timely close processes are in place and implements measures to identify all material transactions are appropriately recorded. As an integral member of the Accounting Operations team, this position coordinates the processing of large amounts of transactions to provide insight into operational performance. This position requires excellent analytical skills, experience in inventory management and variance analysis and the ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Coordinate the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of period end close activities for inventory, related inventory reserves, product loss and freight variances, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Manage end-to-end inventory processes and provide analysis of company performance by collecting, interpreting, and presenting key reports to management
- Oversee reconciliation of warehouse transfers and inventory adjustments
- Oversee Freight Variance reconciliations for managed freight and dray business
- Oversee financial setup for Transportation Management System and inventory/freight related financial setup in ERP System
- Protect integrity of inventory by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Monitor inventory accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Collaborate with Corporate department on borrowing base related field audits and inventory appraisals
- Collaborate with Accounts Receivable department to ensure miscellaneous invoicing is complete for product disposition and donations
- Collaborate with Client reporting to ensure freight variance reconciliations are completed and reported timely
- Assist the Director of Finance with the financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements to ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles
- Provide supervision and guidance to assigned staff with day-to-day operations, complex and technical inventory accounting tasks and issues, as well as personal and professional growth
- Assist in establishing departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Assess workloads and provide recommendations to maximize efficiencies between your staff.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as requested
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably with at least 3 years of inventory management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required; MBA or CPA preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Significant hands-on experience using a modern ERP system, JDE preferred
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System and Transportation Management System preferred
- The ability to prioritize and plan department work activities
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills to work in conjunction with other departments.
- Must be a team player who also works well independently.
- Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions, interpret results, and make recommendations.
- Ability to travel to warehouse facilities periodically