Corporate Accounting Manager – Hybrid
The Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for the day-to-day accounting activity including, but not limited to, month-end close, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, and cost accounting activity. The Accounting Manager will also participate in the development and continued expansion of SOX 404 controls as well as documentation of company policies and procedures.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring the monthly and quarterly accounting entries and reconciliations are complete and accurate while also helping the company assess current practices and procedures to improve the timeliness of the period-end close. The Accounting Manager will also help to ensure that the Company adheres to U.S. GAAP and Company policies and procedures.
- Manage the daily corporate accounting activities, journal entries, accruals and period-end close, for a fast-paced public company.
- Assist in the analysis of current procedures in order to identify enhancement opportunities that create efficiencies and lead to a reduced period-end closed timeline.
- Review and help manage the accounts receivable and accounts payables functions of the Company.
- Develop complete and accurate period-end accruals.
- Perform analytical reviews to provide narrative around activity in the Company’s general ledger.
- Assist in the review of accounting activities and enhancement of procedures for the Company’s foreign entities.
- Become well-versed in existing company policies & procedures across multiple business areas, while applying professional accounting and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate compliance.
- Help develop policies and procedures.
- Become well-versed with the Company’s accounting system to be able to assist and troubleshoot issues for users, which may include working with outside consultant, as necessary
- Ensure that U.S. GAAP is applied consistently to all accounting records.
- Assist in the management, development, documentation, and implementation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls in compliance with SOX 404 requirements.
Ad hoc projects and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize & perform a wide variety of assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills and with ability to automate and streamline accounting processes.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage change and prioritize in a rapidly growing and developing environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in Accounting, CPA designation desirable.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- 4+ years of corporate accounting experience, preferably with a publicly traded company. Big Four background preferred.
- Experience with system implementations, preferably with NetSuite.
- Experience in a manufacturing company.
- Experience with revenue recognition and cost accounting highly desired.