Our Chicago West Suburban client is one of the largest manufacturers of flexible automotive components globally, with extensive manufacturing and distribution facilities on six continents. Their cutting-edge technologies support a growing number of major North American and European automotive and heavy truck manufacturers.
Reporting to the Division Controller, the Accounting Manager will play a critical role in managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting team and reporting for a $100 Million division of a $1 Billion parent company.
This role involves supporting the facility’s financial initiatives, overseeing month-end financial closings, financial reporting, reconciliations, identifying variances, and conducting related root cause analysis.
Additionally, the Accounting Manager will provide essential support for annual budgeting and forecasting processes, manage general ledger, billing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
– Month/Year-End Close: Oversee and actively participate in the month and year-end close process, including the preparation and review of financial statements, general ledger reconciliations, and variance analysis. (40%)
– Budgeting and Forecasting: Manage the preparation of budgets and forecasts, collaborating with department heads to create comprehensive and realistic financial plans. (30%)
– Financial Analysis: Monitor key financial indicators, identify trends, and provide insights to drive informed business decisions. (30%)
– Process Improvement: Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to streamline processes and enhance internal controls.
– Audit Coordination: Coordinate and facilitate internal and external audits, providing necessary documentation and addressing audit findings.
– Team Support: Provide guidance and support to the accounting team, including training, mentoring, and performance evaluation.
– Project Participation: Participate in projects as assigned, leveraging financial expertise and analysis to support decision-making and drive business growth.
– Operational Leadership: Manage and supervise daily accounting operations, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and compliance with financial regulations and policies.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA certification is a plus.
– Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
– Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
-Manufacturing ERP experience, we use Infor/Syteline but any large platform ERP would be desired.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills with high levels of emotional intelligence.
– Experience with GAAP, with strong financial analysis and problem-solving skills.
– Self-accountability, ownership, and influence.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office.
– Team leadership and team-building skills.
– An elevated sense of urgency driving accurate results.
– Customer and results-focused.
In addition to a challenging and rewarding role, you will enjoy the following benefits:
– Month-end close hours are no more than 50 hours/week. Non-close weeks are 40 hours.
– Flexible daily start times between 7-9 AM.
-Competitive compensation and PTO package
– Medical, dental, vision insurance
– 401k plan with match.
– Tuition Reimbursement.
– Remote work option during adverse weather conditions, with the expectation to work on-site each day under normal circumstances.
Our client values a diverse workforce and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We look forward to welcoming a motivated and results-oriented Accounting Manager to our team. Join us in shaping the future of our organization and the automotive industry.