This role oversees the company’s financial data and compliance by creating, analyzing and
maintaining accurate books and financial reports.
Our client has served the Knoxville community with quality residential construction services since 1998. From custom homes and lake houses to additions and historic renovations, they have the
experience and expertise that discerning homeowners seek when choosing a residential contractor.
Their mission is to significantly impact lives.
Their vision is to increase our impact by growing our business and creating a profitable, disciplined,
systems-oriented company that can thrive as an organization and that is built to last beyond the founding generation.
● To impact the lives of their employees, subcontractors and their families by maintaining a work
environment that enhances the rest of their lives.
● To impact the lives of our clients by providing a professional and enjoyable homebuilding
experience and a beautiful, functional home.
● To impact our community by building quality structures and using our resources to help those less
These are the values they are guided by in everything they do. Every decision is evaluated by these values before it is made.
● Excellence — in building and in business
● Wisdom — using collaboration of experience for everyone’s benefit
● Honesty — transparent and accountable
● Faith & Family — their work serves a higher purpose for us and our clients
Expectations by which this position will include:
1. Payroll Tax Returns – SUTA, FUTA, 941.
2. Prepare and print employee W-2’s.
3. Prepare and print 1099’s.
4. Prepare insurance (GL & WC) audit reports.
5. Prepare census and reports for 401k audit.
6. NAHB Annual Builder 20 Club report.
7. Prepare and review with GM annual budget to present to the president.
8. Payroll tax returns-SUTA, FUTA, 941.
9. NAHB Builder 20 reports for president
10. Profit sharing reporting.
11. Reconcile G/L and produce financial statements.
12. Maintain customer billing log.
13. Produce payroll checks twice monthly.
14. Reconcile vendor balance and produce 10th of month vendor checks.
15. Reconcile credit card purchases.
16. Reconcile bank accounts.
17. Project folder compilation.
18. Post vendor invoices to payables and print subcontractor checks.
19. Post vendor invoices to customer projects.
20. Weekly payroll timesheet entry.
21. Balance GL project cost items versus income items.
22. Bill customers (cash management).
23. Post customer invoices to Buildertrend.
24. Post and pay miscellaneous expense items.
25. Update employee vacation log.
26. Weekly project budget updates.
27. Receive cut checks and post to receivable and project budgets.
28. Research and answer project budget questions.
29. Purchase all supplies; shared with Office Manager.
30. Enter new employees in the payroll system including forwarding to the insurance company.
31. Process and distribute mail.
32. Manage cleaning team.
33. Take and complete leads form; shared with Office Manager
1. Develop and implement new financial systems and strategies on an ongoing basis in order to
continually improve and streamline our processes.
2. Attend staff meetings and training as required.
3. Knowledge of and experience with Quickbooks is desired.