Job Summary: Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the below duties. This function requires well developed skills in accounting, business analysis, and process improvement. The successful candidate will have an ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change; work effectively within cross-functional teams; will be highly resourceful; able to deliver strong results; have a passion for operational excellence, and possess a strong set of communication and analytical skills.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts while documenting business transactions.
· Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities and expenses and assist in preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
· Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
· Collect and analyze records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
· Perform analysis and inter-department communications around incentive accruals and inquiries.
· Identify ways to develop and implement best practices to improve existing processes, accuracy of accrual and payment calculations and reduce errors and inquiries.
· Coordinate cross-functionally with other departments on business objectives.
· Perform account reconciliations.
· Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
· Prepare documentation to assist internal and external auditors.
· Support management through ad-hoc reporting, analysis and special projects as assigned.
· Some late nights and weekends may be required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
· Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
· Interpersonal Skills – Communicates and coordinates effectively
· Written Communication – Communicates clearly and with purpose
· Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
· Business Acumen – Displays orientation to profitability
· Cost Consciousness – Develops and implements cost saving measures
· Ethics – Keeps commitments
· Organizational Support – Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities
· Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Quantity – Completes work in timely manner
· Dependability – Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
· Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
· Reasoning Skills – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have, at minimum, an intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office. Advanced Microsoft Excel experience preferred. Oracle and Hyperion knowledge a plus.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office environment. Some stress may occur. Travel for inventory counts and other projects may be necessary.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.
“our client” is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.