Our client is a fast growing supplier to the Oil and Gas industry
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for various key functions that support the Accounting and Administration department
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in accounting and/or a related field.
1-2+ years of working experience required. Industry experience is favored but not required. Applicants must be eager to learn and open to instruction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bank Reconciliations
- GL Reconciliations
- Maintain company ledgers and daily financial transactions
- Month, Quarter, and year-end close activities, such as prepaid expense amortization, branch expense allocations, etc.
- Assist with yearly external audits, including preparing reports and sending requested data to auditors’ CPA’s office
- Support accounting department leads with answers to accounting questions as needed.
SALES TAX RETURNS
- Reconciliation of sales tax accounts
- Analyze tax generated to determine accuracy and if updates are needed
- Correspond with states as needed
- Assist county, state, and company auditors with sales tax audits
- Analyze past reporting, or any changes that occur for prior sales tax filings, and determine if an amendment is needed; complete amended return
COMMERCIAL CARD PROGRAM
- Complete frequent credit card maintenance: issue new cards, replace cards, communicate with cardholders on statement reconciliations, etc.
- Analyze credit card transactions to determine if transactions are business approved and if coding is accurate, Work with cardholders for adjustments, as needed
- Follow up and enforce the attachment of receipts for every charge
- Develop a user guide for cardholders on credit card reconciliations, credit card POs, and best practices
- Prepare monthly entry for upload into the Profit21 ERP system
- Research and resolve unbilled sales associated with credit card POs
OTHER TAX PREPARATIONS
- Develop tracking and SOPs for business licenses and jurisdiction taxes; complete filings and assist branches with required license postings
- Prepare and submit property tax filings
- File quarterly IFTA returns
- Audit GL expense accounts for fixed assets, reclass qualified expenses for capitalization as needed.
- Prepare Depreciation journal entries
- Track the location of all fixed assets and manage the transfer of assets from one location to another
- Develop property tax tracking and analysis through the fixed assets system in order to develop efficiencies with property tax filings
- Run depreciation and post the entry to eclipse every month