JOB TITLE: Account Receivable Specialist
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Accounts Receivable
FACILITY LOCATION: Woodbury, NY
We’re working with a very well known Food & Beverages company located in Woodbury NY. They have a need for an Account Receivable Specialist to join their growing team.
The Account Receivable Specialist will perform routine accounting work in the accounts receivable and credit and collection function. Secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts, resolving discrepancies.
- Manage accounts receivable portfolio of assigned accounts.
- Process and post cash transactions and receipts.
- Update daily cash tracking and reporting.
- Manage course of action to validate, analyze, reconcile and expedite the resolution of customer/sales deductions.
- Attend meetings with sales to review risk accounts; resolve deductions and charge-backs.
- Prepare various accounts receivable reports and analyses.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relations.
- Experience navigating customer websites and portals needed.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Two years of college or equivalent
- 3-5 years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Proficiency in MS word, excel, and recordkeeping
- Detail oriented, with accurate data entry skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- SAP experience a plus
- 3 tiers of Medical Insurance to choose from (Cigna)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan – 50% employer match
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits (NY and NJ only)
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Specified Disease and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- LegalEASE Legal assistance program
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- On-site chiropractor
- Fitness Center with included classes
- Wellness Program
- Free beverages and discounts on merchandise