We are seeking a consultative sales professional to promote new business growth selling specialty chemicals and additive packages to the downstream O&G market in southeastern United States. Our client is a leading North American supplier of lubricant additive packages, raw specialty chemicals, and downstream fuel additives with a 25-year legacy of top-tier performance in the petroleum industry. As an Account Manager, you will grow territory sales while cultivating relationships with lube oil manufacturers, private label blenders, grease manufacturers, fuel jobbers, petroleum terminals, wholesalers, and oil refineries in NC, SC, GA, FL, western TN, and southern VA.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Identify and secure new business opportunities throughout a defined sales territory.
- Develop and execute long-range and short-range business plans that build a robust sales pipeline.
- Establish and cultivate customer relationships at multiple levels of the organization.
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual forecasts.
- Serve as an industry expert and adviser to prospects and existing clients.
- Generate sales reports, expense reports and call reports when required.
- Prepare superior strategic sales presentations and proposals.
- Work from a home office and travel 50% or more as required to drive new growth.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B.S. in Business, Marketing, Chemistry, or a related field is preferred.
- 5-10+ years of consultative sales experience selling fuel additives, lubricant additive packages, downstream chemicals, base oils, industrial oils, metalworking fluids, and/or other petroleum products.
- Knowledge of rudimentary fuel or lubricant additive components such as corrosion inhibitors, antioxidants, dispersants, polybutenes, lubricity improvers, friction modifiers, cetane improvers, biocides, sulfonates, polyalphaolefins, detergents, etc. is required.
- Experience selling to lubricant manufacturers, private label blenders, grease manufacturers, fuel jobbers, petroleum terminals, and/or oil refineries is highly desired.
- Proven track record of consistent business growth and high sales achievements.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using a CRM database such as Salesforce or similar system.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or more at times as needed.
Compensation includes an attractive base salary commensurate with experience, uncapped sales incentive plan, company vehicle, comprehensive benefits, and profit-sharing program. The ideal candidate will already be living in NC, SC, GA, FL, western TN, or southern VA. Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).