General Summary of Position:
Responsible for organizing and managing constituents’ accounts, including the completion of assignments, tasks and project components as well as coaching, advising and directing team members in meeting constituent and self-development expectations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise and review bookkeepers on accounts managed.
- Prepare and review annual tax returns.
- Prepare and review payroll tax filings.
- Prepare and review income tax projections.
- Review quarterly and monthly financial statements and bank reconciliations prepared by bookkeepers.
- Work with family investment managers, attorneys, insurance representatives, trustees, etc. as needed.
- Administer various trusts and private foundations.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects for various family members’ issues as needed.
- Occasional travel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in lieu of degree minimum 6 years of related experience in an accounting firm or family office.
- Credentials such as CFP, CPA or EA preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with tax preparation, tax planning, Microsoft system software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with family office constituents, staff and constituent providers.
- High ethical standards, integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to organize, work effectively, meet deadlines and multitask.