Utilizing independent judgment, this position is responsible to meet customer sales/service needs, solve problems and take advantage of selling opportunities.
- Responds to customer inquiries and requests for information, service and status including possible recommendations of material grades or specifications.
- Interacts with respective customers; submits non-conforming material (NCM) to customer, and deals with customer complaints.
- Calculates pricing for different grades of steel within set parameters.
- Has authority to change pricing, as needed.
- Works collaboratively with internal staff including Operations and Production Planning to meet customers’ sales/service needs, solve problems, and to take advantage of selling opportunities.
- Determines and implements mode of transportation for their respective customers and has authority to change transportation mode.
- Works with Accounting to deal with customer credit issues.
- Make occasional sales visits to customers for sales calls, as needed.
- Provide backup to the department, as needed.
- Abides by all policies and procedures established by the Company including plant safety regulations and work rules.
- Must have ability and desire to work well with others.
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree, preferred majors: Business, Science or Engineering. In lieu of Bachelor Degree, suitable industrial or sales experience may be considered.
EXPERIENCE: Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Prior industrial sales, marketing and quoting experience preferred.